Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop - Black, White +1


Hello
It's time for another Stampin' dreams blog hop, and this time as the title says we are doing Black, White + 1. I had no other choice than to pick Gold, there is no better combination. As Christmas is about to roll around I thought this a great time to start making christmas cards. I picked out an old but still current set called Star of Light, with the combination of a new set, Carols of Christmas for the sentiment. 


The star was made by cutting out one of the star of light die cuts, and the covering it in versamark, followed by gold embossing powder, heat setting it. These steps are the repeated until you get a thickness you are happy with. I did these steps 4 times. 


Thanks for coming over to see what I created, don't forget to check out what all the others have made, as I am sure they will all be great 


Comments

  1. Very nice card with the subtle effect of the vellum Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great card. I love your use of vellum to tone down the black and make the gold sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful and elegant card ... the vellum is a great addition!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgous Imogen, I love the vellum overlay. Softens everything beauiully xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I think I am going to use this idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful with your choice of gold, Imogen! Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Imogen. Love how you've softened the black using some vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So pretty with the vellum over the starburst, Imogen & I love the new look of your blog! Very elegant! Thank you for joining in the October Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Imogen....love those starbursts....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely combining the 2 sets. It is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts